Well, it’s 2006 and I am back to work after a much needed vacation. The holidays were great and I was able to decompress and catch up on family time and think about some of the things I want to accomplish in 2006.
- Blog more – I want to increase the frequency of my blog posts and improve the content.
- Learn Ruby and Ruby on Rails – I would like to increase the number of programming languages I know and expand my exposure to those beyond Microsoft. I have done a fair amount of reading Ruby code and have been following the 37Signals development of Ruby on Rails.
- Get Products Out – I have had several ideas on the back burner for some web-based products. I plan to get those out this year and it will be my foray into running a microISV.
- Go to a conference – Attend at least one major conference this year, maybe TechED, maybe something else.
- Network – I will get involved with 1-2 user groups or business groups and attend one meeting per month.
I am sure there are other things I would like to do but too long of a list will result in much less getting done.